Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Koran, So Long A Letter And The Symposium :: essays research papers

by Gabe pollowIn the f exclusively semester of our Preceptorial gradation we covered many another(prenominal) scripts that represented strong points about many issues. umpteen of these decl atomic number 18s took place in history a long age ago, although this is received they seem to be timeless. I brook learned a majuscule deal throughout all of the readings, and changed many of my feelings about several incompatible issues. The books that had then most impacts on my persuasions were The Symposium, The Koran, The Apology, and So Long A Letter. These books have all made me fight the beliefs that I had prior to reading them, which is a sign of a strong book. The Symposium was a unique book that had many stories and different books inside of it. This book either altered my views a teentsy amount or change them drastically. There were many instances in the book that I didnt know prior to reading it such as the title, which means a drinking party. One thing that I entangle throughout life was that if you were in trouble, meaning a life or death situation, many people would die for you. My personal feeling was that this thought made sense, but after reading this book I accomplished that I might be mistaken. When I read that only a lover would die for you I started to realize that this might be true. The manpower in this time had lovers who were boys, or young men, and these lovers would die for their older lovers. The book also said that even a wife, although not as important as a lover would die for. After taking time to think this through, I realized that this might be the case, after all why would you want to risk your well being and life for individual you barely know. Maybe the only reason that you would die for someone was to be known as an honorable person, but to be honest, what does that truly way out when your dead?The book also states that lovers will forgive for breaking vows. I didnt feel that this could be true seeing is how there ar e so many divorces in this day of age, but I came to the recognition that this is a false thought on my part and I do in fact concur with the books statement. The reason I believe this to be true is that if your lover (s) are truly your lover (s) than he or she cannot live without your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment